Economical, ecological, and sporty!
Would you like to explore the region by bicycle? Read our advice for how you can easily bring your bicycles on the Transilien network.
Keeping yourself and your bicycle safe
Read all of our practical advice for riding your bicycle safely in the city and in the countryside.Read our practical advice
Transilien and on-board bicycles: practical rules
Below, you can find the practical information and rules to facilitate your bicycle + Transilien trips:
• no additional fare when travelling,
• before 6:30 AM, between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM, and after 7:30 PM, from Monday to Friday,
• no restrictions on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays,
• if your bicycle is folded and does not disturb other passengers,
• if trains are crowded, do not board with your bicycle.
When on board Transilien, you are responsible for transporting, handling, and watching over your bicycle. As a reminder, in the train, on platforms, and in stations, you must walk your bicycle. For safety reasons, don't take escalators. Even more practical: you can bring your bike onto Transilien buses (including Noctilien night buses) with luggage holds.
Recommended places to hire a bicycle
See our recommendations in Paris and the region for hiring a bicycle.Hire a bicycle